Florida specific initial medical license requirements
Medical Board of Florida
Osteopathic Medical Board of Florida
- Minimum 1 year of approved residency training. (2 years in one specialty for IMGs)
- No limit for number of attempts and time.
- FCVS(Federation Credentials Verification Service) is highly recommended.
- 1 year of postgraduate training in AOA-approved program. 12-month AOA-approved rotating internship or successful
completion of a residency approved by the Board. (Rule 64B15-16.002, F.A.C.)
- No time limit for COMLEX
- Pass 3 parts of NBOME exam within 5 years of application or licensure in another state.
- FCVS is highly recommended.