California specific initial medical license requirements
Medical Board of California
Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- Minimum 3 years of postgraduate training. At least 4 months general medicine and 24 months continuously within the same program.
- Maximum 4 attempts at USMLE Step 3. Or held license in another state 4 years. (California BPC § 2177, 2135.5)
- Passing scores shall be valid for a period of 10 years from the month of the examination.
- The acceptance of FCVS(Federation Credentials Verification Service) is limited.
- 1 year of postgraduate training.
- No limit for number of attempts on COMLEX
- No time limit for COMLEX
- The acceptance of FCVS is limited.